As designated the official destination marketing organization of The Woodlands Township, Visit the Woodlands provides and oversees the following services to the Township to include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Public relations campaigns to increase exposure of The Woodlands;
- Destination media buying and production, including television, radio, newspaper, web and other media outlets;
- Printing and production of destination marketing guide;
- International destination consulting and public relations;
- Coordination, marketing information and other resources to assist the tourism industry in The Woodlands so as to create, maintain and project an appealing image on behalf of the Township;
- Promote The Woodlands as a destination to meeting planners, business travelers, tour operators and individual visitors;
- Promote and advertise The Woodlands hotels, convention and meeting facilities, attractions, entertainment venues, restaurants, retail centers and other businesses and organizations that serve visitors;
- Assist visitors and tour planners in planning and developing tours of the Township, including suggested itineraries and overnight accommodations;
- Work with regional partners in promoting The Woodlands as a destination;
- Develop and support training initiatives for hospitality employees in The Woodlands;
- Promote and advertise the transportation services available within and to The Woodlands; and
- Venue Host services;
Annually, The Woodlands Township and The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau, known as Visit The Woodlands, enter into a Service Agreement. The Agreement outlines the services to be provided by each party and defines the Township’s funding requirements for the budget year.
Visit The Woodlands Board of Directors will start the process of discussion, review and final document to be sent to The Woodlands Township Board of Directors this fall.