NOTICE OF MEETING
CITY OF GARLAND, TEXAS
June 15, 2021 at 2:30 p.m.
A virtual meeting of the Audit Committee of the City of Garland, Texas will be held on June 15, 2021 at 2:30 p.m. pursuant to Section 551.125 of the Texas Government Code and the executive orders of Governor Gregg Abbott suspending provisions of the Texas Government Code and other applicable laws of the State regarding normal open meetings, the Audit Committee will hold this meeting by internet/telephonic remote means.
The meeting will be broadcast by webinar or telephone at the following URL: garlandtx.swagit.com.
Register in advance for this webinar:
For those without internet access to the meeting, a dial-in option is available. The toll-free numbers are:
1 877-853-5247 (Toll Free) or +1 888-788-0099 (Toll Free).
Additionally, the meeting may be accessed by phone at the following numbers:
1 346-248-7799 or +1 470-250-9358 or +1 470-381-2552
The meeting ID is: 959 5501 3303
The meeting will also be recorded and made available online at www.garlandtx.gov.
|1.||Approval of March 15, 2021 Meeting Minutes|
|2.||Police School Resource Officer (SRO) Program Audit|
|3.||Fuel Card Program Management Audit|
GP&L Risk Oversight Committee Briefing (Sec. 551.086 and Sec. 552.133, Tex. Gov't Code - competitive matters)
NOTE: A quorum of the City Council may be in attendance and may or may not participate in the discussions of the Committee or board.
|NOTICE: The City Council may recess from the open session and convene in a closed executive session if the discussion of any of the listed agenda items concerns one or more of the following matters:
(1) Pending/contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct. Sec. 551.071, Tex. Gov't Code.
(2) The purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.072, Tex. Gov't Code.
(3) A contract for a prospective gift or donation to the City, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.073, Tex. Gov't Code.
(4) Personnel matters involving the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee or to hear a complaint against an officer or employee. Sec. 551.074, Tex. Gov't Code.
(5) The deployment, or specific occasions for implementation of security personnel or devices. Sec. 551.076, Tex. Gov't Code.
(6) Discussions or deliberations regarding commercial or financial information that the City has received from a business prospect that the City seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the City and with which the City is conducting economic development negotiations; or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect of the sort described in this provision. Sec. 551.087, Tex. Gov't Code.
(7) Discussions, deliberations, votes, or other final action on matters related to the City’s competitive activity, including information that would, if disclosed, give advantage to competitors or prospective competitors and is reasonably related to one or more of the following categories of information: