NOTICE OF MEETING-ANNUAL RETREAT
CITY OF GARLAND, TEXAS
COMMUNITY MULTICULTURAL COMMISSION
January 9 at 9 a.m.
A virtual meeting of the Community Multicultural Commission of the City of Garland, Texas will be held Saturday, January 9, at 9 a.m., pursuant to Section 551.125 of the Texas Government Code and the executive orders of Governor Greg Abbott suspending provisions of the Texas Government Code and other applicable laws of the State regarding normal open meetings, the City Council will hold this meeting by internet/telephonic remote means.
The meeting will be broadcast by webinar or telephone at the following URL (registration is required):
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
For those without internet access to the meeting, a dial-in option is available. The toll-free numbers are:
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 470 250 9358 US (Atlanta)
+1 470 381 2552 US (Atlanta)
Meeting ID: 964 7192 4766
For participants (online and by phone) who wish to speak on an item on the agenda, you must use the “raise hand” feature in order to be recognized.
Those joining the meeting by phone may press *9 to raise your hand. After speaking, please re-mute your phone by pressing *6.
The meeting will also be recorded and made available online at www.garlandtx.gov.
|1.||CALL TO ORDER
b. Activity - 7- minute Poem - (25 minutes)
|2.||ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
a. Introduction of Retreat Facilitator - Debra Austin, Chaos2Results
b. Brainstorming 2021 Goals - Debra Austin / René Dowl - Step One - Partner Organizations each member share (30 minutes)
1. List three groups or organizations in the community that you are personally connected to or interested in connnecting with (faith-based, affinity groups, membership organizations, government, sports, etc.)
2. List two groups or organizations in the community you think the CMC should be partnering with
3. Brainstorm - what work can we do or support with these organizations?
c. Brainstorming 2021 Goals - Debra Austin, René Dowl - Step Two - Goals - what can we brag about accomplising at this time next year?
4. What is your one big dream thing the CMC will accomplish in 2021 (respond to this as if there were no pandemic)
5. What realistice project would you like the CMC to be known to have accomplished when we look back at year-end?
6. Brainstorm - when we look back at year-end , what does success look like?
d. Brainstorming 2021 Goals - Debra Austin / René Dowl - Step Three - transform CMC member input into: (45 minutes)
7. Top three tasks CMC will accomplish in 2021
8. Stretch task for 2021
9. Laying the foundation for Mosaic in 2022
e. Retreat Wrap-up and Recap - Debra Austin
|3.||UPCOMING CMC MEETING DATES
1. Thursday, January 21 - 6 p.m. via Zoom
2. Thursday, February 18 - 6 p.m. via Zoom
NOTE: A quorum of the City Council may be in attendance and may or may not participate in the discussions of the Committee or board.