|Adopting the Community Development Block Grant PY 2021 Annual Action Plan
|Staff recommends that Mayor and Council adopt the Community Development Block PY 2021 Annual Action Plan as presented.
|Annual Action Plan
The Annual Action Plan (AAP) is used as a tool for implementing the City of Casa Grande's Five-Year (2020-2024) Consolidated Plan (ConPLan). The primary purpose of HUD programs is to develop viable communities by promoting integrated approaches to providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanded economic opportunities for low-and-moderate income people, households, and communities.
In accordance with HUD's National Objectives CDBG funded activities must:
1) Benefit the Low to Moderate Income Persons,
2) Aid in the Prevention or Elimination of Slums or Blight, or
3) Meet a Need Having a Particular Urgency (Urgent Need).
The City's PY 2021 funding allocation is $478,227. We are required to hold 2 public hearings, post 15-day meeting notices, and post the Annual Action Plan for a 30-day public comment period. A virtual public meeting was held on March 9, 2021, with 17 participants in attendance via Webex, phone, and video. CDBG applications were accepted from March 10, 2021, through March 30, 2021. Upon review of all submitted applications, the review committee made recommendations to be included in the PY 2021 Annual Action Plan. The Annual Action Plan was available for public review/comment from April 12, 2021, through May 12, 2021, online or in the Community Development Office.
The following program activities are being recommended for funding:
Public Services (Maximum of 15%):
1. Casa Grande Homeless Services by Community Action Human Resource Agency for $19,000.
2. Senior Connections by Seeds of Hope, Inc. for $18,734.
3. Creative Aging by The Opportunity Tree for $10,000.
4. Homeless Intervention by the Casa Grande Police Department for $11,000.
5. Len Colla Summer Program by the Boys and Girls Club for $13,000.
1. City Hall Campus ADA Improvements Project by City of Casa Grande Public Works Department for $165,854
2. Salary and benefits for a Code Enforcement Officer assigned to the Westside, Southside, and Eastside neighborhood areas by the City of Casa Grande Planning and Development Department for $68,194.
1. Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation by the City of Casa Grande Community Development Division for $75,000.
Planning and Administration (Maximum of 20%):
1. Planning and Administration by Casa Grande Community Development Division for $97,445.
|All projects proposed under the CDBG program meet the 5-year Consolidation Plan goals of:
1) Affordable Housing,
2) Community Development,
3) Public Services, and
4) Program Administration and Planning.
Additionally, the City Council Strategic Plan and the Casa Grande Homelessness Strategic Plan were used by the review committee to make funding recommendations. Without CDBG funding, these projects would not be realized as being funded in the FY 2022 General Fund base budget is not likely.
- Approve the request which will authorize staff to forward the 2021 Annual Action Plan to the Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for HUD review and approval which will be followed by the execution of 2021 HUD contract and release of funding.
- No action or disapproval of this request will prevent the release of $478,227 PY 2021 CDBG Entitlement allocation from HUD.
- Direct staff to modify the proposed funding allocation.