|RESOLUTION NO. (R)13-29, GRANTING APPROVAL OF A CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT (CUP) TO LRS ARCHITECTS FOR A MEMORY CARE FACILITY IN THE ORACLE VISTA CENTRE LOCATED ON THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF ORACLE ROAD AND DESERT SKY ROAD
|The Planning & Zoning Commission recommends approval of the Conditional Use Permit, subject to the conditions in Attachment 2.
|The applicant, LRS Architects, requests a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a skilled nursing facility to operate a 2.6 acre memory care facility in the Oracle Vista Centre. The 65-bed memory care facility will operate full-time, 24 hours/day everyday and will provide specialized care to individuals with memory disorders and their families.
The Oracle Vista Centre encompasses 14.3 acres with a Development Plan approved in 2008 for Neighborhood Commercial uses. Golder Ranch Fire Station #377 has been constructed on the southern end of the property. The proposed memory care facility will be the second project on this larger site, the balance of which remains vacant.
On April 2, 2013, the Planning & Zoning Commission voted to recommend approval of the CUP, subject to the conditions in Attachment 2. The Planning & Zoning Commission staff report, draft minutes, and CUP narrative, are included as Attachments 3, 4, and 5.
|BACKGROUND OR DETAILED INFORMATION:
|Current Site Conditions
• Zoning is Neighborhood Commercial (C-N)
• Undeveloped parcel in the approved Oracle Vista Centre
• Project parcel is 2.6 acres; overall commercial center is 14.3 acres
• 26,670 square foot building (see Attachment 6)
• 33 parking spaces per the Zoning Code
• Landscaping bufferyards around the North, East, and West sides of the property
• Two (2) internal courtyards totaling about 5,000 square feet
• 18' building height
• Hours of Operation: 24/7/365
Approvals to Date
- On April 2, 2013, the Planning and Zoning Commission recommended approval of the Conditional Use Permit for the memory care facility
- On March 12, 2013, the CDRB recommended approval of the Conceptual Site Plan and Conceptual Architecture for the memory care facility
- In 2009, the Development Plan for Golder Ranch Fire Station #377 was approved, OV1208-15
- In 2008, the Town Council approved the Master Development Plan and Landscape Plan for the Oracle Vista Centre, OV1206-25B,
- In 2007, the Development Review Board approved an Oracle Road Scenic Corridor Overlay District (ORSCOD) relief request, allowing a 30' vegetated bufferyard along Oracle Road, OV1206-25
- In 2001, the site rezoned from R1-144 to Neighborhood Commercial (C-N) by Town Council
Public Notification and Comment
Notice was provided to the following:
• Residents within 600 feet
• Posting at Town Hall
• All registered HOAs
A neighborhood meeting was held on January 10, 2013, at the Church of the Nazarene Hayslip Fellowship Hall. The main issues raised at the neighborhood meeting dealt with drainage on the west side of the development and concerns about cut-thru traffic. A copy of the neighborhood meeting summary notes is attached as Attachment 7.
Planning and Zoning Commission Action
The Planning and Zoning Commission considered this item at the April, 2nd meeting. There was some discussion about how this facility fits within the Zoning Code’s definition of Skilled Nursing. The Zoning Code defines and permits "Skilled Nursing" facility as allowed with a conditional use permit in the C-N District. The Planning and Zoning Administrator determined that the proposed memory care use is analogous to a skilled nursing facility.
At the April 2nd meeting, the Planning & Zoning Commission found that the proposed memory care facility is compatible with the planned uses at Oracle Vista Centre; the neighboring residential uses to the north and west of the site; and meets the Zoning Code criteria for CUPs. The Commission recommended approval subject to the conditions in Attachment 2.
|I MOVE to adopt Resolution No. (R)13-29, Granting approval of a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) to the Oracle Vista Memory Care Facility, subject to the conditions in Attachment 2, finding that the proposed CUP meets all applicable Zoning Code requirements.
I MOVE to deny Resolution No. (R)13-29, Approving a CUP for the Oracle Vista Memory Care Facility finding that the application does not meet all applicable Zoning Code requirements, specifically ____________.