|Page Springs Cellars has requested to expand their current wine tasting room allowances to include: a full service restaurant, an expansion of the tasting room, an increase from 300 to 500 attendees at two concert events per year, the addition of a 1,350 square foot deck for private events, a 150 square foot massage room, two educational kiosks, an 800 square foot storage shed and two Airstream travel trailers to be used as short-term rentals.
On April 18, 2019, the Planning and Zoning Commission voted on a motion to recommend approval for Use Permit Renewal with Modifications, HA# H19012 with stipulations provided.
1. Use Permit to be approved for a period of ten (10) years, with Staff review every two (2) years.
2. Property to be developed in accordance with the Site Plan dated December 2018, submitted with the Use Permit Renewal with Modifications to the 2008
Use Permit application in accordance with all applicable codes, regulations and ordinance requirements, including and limited to:
a. an expansion of the allowance of two (2) acoustic concert events per year to increase from 300 attendees to 500 attendees
b. the expansion of the Private Member's area tasting room to accommodate thirty (30) additional people
c. an expansion of their culinary options to include a full-service restaurant
d. the addition of a 1,350 square foot Vineyard Deck to be used for private events
e. the addition of a 150 square foot Massage Room
f. the installation of two (2) 24 square foot interpretive, educational kiosks to educate the public on the protection and conservation of Oak Creek and the Verde River
g. the installation of a 40' X 20' storage building once the property is acquired and combined
3. Obtain building permits for all unpermitted structures and establish the use, per the approved Site Plan for each structure on the property, prior to initiation of use.
4. Obtain and combine adjacent parcel to be used for parking and the proposed 40' X 20' storage building
5. In the event the owner of the subject property files a claim under ARS Section 12-1134 regarding this Use Permit Amendment, this Use Permit Amendment shall be null and void.
6. Any future expansion of use or structures will require an amendment to this Use Permit.
7. No lot splits will be allowed while Use Permit is in effect.
8. Signage shall be limited to that allowed in Light Commercial Districts (C1 Zoning District) with no more than 96 square feet of signage, including 32 square feet maximum free standing.
9. Screening required by Section 567 shall be waived.
10. That the applicant notifies Development Services, the Verde Valley Fire District and the Yavapai County Sheriff's Department 60 days prior to any scheduled special event and off-site parking for the concerts to be submitted by the applicant and approved by Development Services and Public Works prior to any concerts being held.
11. Certificate of Compliance to be issued within six months of Board of Supervisors approval to verify use is operating in compliance with approval and all
structures are permitted or Use Permit to be revoked.
The motion to recommend approval passed. The vote was unanimous.