|AUTHORIZE THE PURCHASE OF 25 NEW REPLACEMENT VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $1,600,000:
- In accordance with Palm Springs Municipal Code Section 7.09.010, “Cooperative Purchasing Programs,” approve the purchase of 19 new Ford Utility Interceptors, or equivalent patrol vehicle model, for the Police Department to replace Units 203909, 207603, 203208, 201107, 202606, 204608, 202803, 205607, 207208, 202509, 208608, 2D5307, 200809, 2D1111, 2D3508, 201306, 201608, 2D3106, and 2D4106 through the Lease Servicing Center, Inc., dba National Cooperative Leasing, through the National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative Contract 032615-NCL;
- Adopt Resolution No. ____, “A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA, AUTHORIZING THE NEGOTIATION, EXECUTION, AND DELIVERY OF A PURCHASE ORDER IN THE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF $766,430.55 BETWEEN LEASE SERVICING CENTER, INC., DBA NATIONAL COOPERATIVE LEASING AND THE CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA; PROVIDING 60 LEASE PAYMENTS OF $14,024.31 EACH FROM LEGALLY AVAILABLE FUNDS; AND PRESCRIBING OTHER DETAILS IN CONNECTION THEREWITH;”
- After receipt of replacement vehicles, declare the existing Police Department patrol vehicles, Units 203909, 207603, 203208, 201107, 202606, 204608, 202803, 205607, 207208, 202509, 208608, 2D5307, 200809, 2D1111, 2D3508, 201306, 201608, 2D3106, and 2D4106 as surplus vehicles and authorize the City Manager, or designee, to sell at public auction in accordance with Chapter 7.07 of the Palm Springs Municipal Code;
- Authorize the purchase of 4 new Ford F-150 trucks, or equivalent sport utility vehicle model, including required outfitting, for the Police Department and Maintenance/Facilities Department to replace Units 2D7506, 203002, 209302, and 505298;
- Authorize the purchase of 1 new Ford E-150 15 passenger van, or equivalent vehicle model, including required outfitting, for the Police Department to replace Unit 209098;
- Authorize the purchase of 1 new Ford F-350 truck, or equivalent vehicle model, including required outfitting, for the Maintenance/Facilities Department to replace Unit 990999; and
- Authorize staff to conduct the appropriate bid processes, or utilize cooperative purchase contracts, if available, in accordance with Procurement procedures and authorize the City Manager to execute all necessary documents, including Purchase Orders for the new replacement vehicles and equipment, in a total cumulative amount not to exceed $1,600,000.