Commissioners Court - Regular
Return to the Agenda
Discuss and consider Approval of Change Order #1 for the Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation Project
Lisa Espinosa, Public Works
Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation Project.
On January 20, 2021, Nueces County Commissioners Court awarded a contract to Phoenix I Restoration and Construction, Ltd for the Nueces County Courthouse Exterior Wall Remediation Project. The scope of work for the base bid includes selective demolition of existing exterior wall facade. New construction will include work related to int installation of new exterior wall façade in selective areas of the courthouse.
1295 Certificate No. 2021-779765 has been filed with the Texas Ethics Commission.
Change Order No. 1 will include the following additions/deletions:
1. Increase cost associated with the use of swings stage to access the building sides during construction.
2. Increase cost associated with additional grinding of existing mortar bed.
3. Increase cost associated with the power washing and cleaning of the concrete panel substrate.
4. Additional cost associated with the exterior sealing of all the courthouse windows.
5. Additional cost associated with the investigation of leak along the terrace wall.
6. Decrease cost associated with the substitution of a silicone sealant in lieu of Emseal product required by the contract.
7. Decrease cost associated with the deletion of all interior work required by the contract.
8. Increase cost associated with the substitution of an epoxy mortar versus a cement mortar required by the contract.
9. Decrease cost associated with the reduction of concrete repairs required by the contract.
Information about available funds
Funds NOT Available:
Account Code(s) for Available Funds
Source of Funds:
2019 Tax Notes
Additional Cost covered in "Contingency" funds ($200,000) built in contract.
$92,149.04 - Remaining Contingency Balance
Change Order No. 1
Change Order No. 1 Proposal
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.