Commissioners Court - Regular
Return to the Agenda
Authorize agreement Jacobs Engineering LLC RFP 3152-21 Engineering Svc. f/Rebuilding Bob Hall Pier
Michael Robinson, Purchasing Department
Authorize execution of agreement with Jacobs Engineering, LLC for RFQ No. 3152-21 Engineering Services for Rebuilding Bob Hall Pier.
Nueces County is seeking to contract with a licensed professional Engineer for engineering services to develop design plans and specifications for rebuilding of Bob Hall Pier and including obtaining/managing/analyzing public input regarding its rebuilding.
Scope of work:
The Engineer to be selected is to provide contract-related engineering services for Nueces County, including, but not limited to, the following:
• All preliminary and final design plans and specifications;
• Obtaining all regulatory permitting;
• Geotechnical testing and soil tests;
• Preparation of design plans and specifications for bid packet;
• Construction observation and inspections (interim and final);
• Other special services deemed necessary to the project.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
• Preliminary and Final Design plans and specifications for rebuilding of Bob Hall Pier.
• Consultation with Coastal Parks Board and ad-hoc Committee for the Rebuilding of Bob Hall Pier to identify and incorporate inputs to the design of the pier.
• Consultation with Third Party Provider of Public Input
• Consultation and environmental permitting with Corps of Engineers and other State and Federal Regulatory Agencies. May include required daily biological monitoring during demolition activity to be determined by agency permit comments.
• Periodic Meetings with County Staff
• Site Visits to Project Site
• Design Concept Reviews and Workshops for Project Alternatives
• Stakeholder Meetings / Public Meetings
• Third-Party Utility Coordination & Conflict Resolution
• Coordination with Third-Party Specialty Consultants (Geotechnical, Environmental, Survey, Testing)
• Opinions of Probable Costs
• Briefings / Meetings with Commissioners Court and staff
• Management of the County’s online project management software pertaining to the project
Environmental and Permitting
• Joint Evaluation Meeting (JEM) Participation and Coordination
• Coordination with the USACE and other regulatory agencies for project requirements
• Prepare permit application package and necessary documentation to agencies
Bid Phase Services
• Pre-Bid Meeting – facilitate meeting, set agenda/schedule, meeting minutes
• Manage the distribution of bid documents through online project management software
A bid opening was conducted on April 30, 2021 at 2:00PM. Commissioners Court awarded to Jacobs Engineering, LLC on May 19, 2021.
The maximum amount payable under this contract is $1,409,412.00, unless modified as provided in Article 11 – Supplemental Agreements. Debarment Statement and HB 89 Verification Form attached. Certificate of Interested parties 1295 Form was received.
Information about available funds
Funds NOT Available:
Account Code(s) for Available Funds
Source of Funds:
Bob Hall Pier Reconstruction
CIP Project Number - PC-22-01
RFP No. 3152-21 Agreement
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.