Commissioners Court - Regular


Return to the Agenda
AI-12687 3.B.3.       
Meeting Date: 11/04/2020  
Texas Dept. of Transportation (TxDOT) 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Roadway Safety Projects
Submitted For: Juan Pimentel Submitted By: Veronica Gamboa, Public Works
Department: Public Works  

Information
RECOMMENDATION
Discuss and consider the submittal of roadway safety projects proposals for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP).
BACKGROUND
The Texas Department of Transportation 2020 Highway Safety Improvement Program is a federal program for providing funding for construction and operational safety improvement of on and off system roadways.  TSIP has allocated funds for Fiscal Years 2022-$172,000, 2023-$262,000 and 2024-$318,000 to be awarded for off system roadway safety projects within Nueces County, City of Corpus Christi and San Patricio County.  This program covers 90% of the construction cost, with the other 10% plus any engineering cost to be funded by the local entity.
DISCUSSION
TxDOT has invited Nueces County, the City of Corpus Christi and San Patricio County to submit low cost roadway safety improvement projects, for areas with a high-risk crashes or potential crashes within their respective jurisdictions.  This project will be reviewed at the state level for award.

Budget Information
Information about available funds
Budgeted: Funds Available: Adjustment: Amount Available:
Unbudgeted: Funds NOT Available: Amendment:
Account Code(s) for Available Funds
1:
Fund Transfers
Attachments
HSIP Guidelines 2020


    

Level double AA conformance,
                W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0

AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.