Commissioners Court - Special Meeting


Return to the Agenda
AI-12605 2.B.1.       
Meeting Date: 10/12/2020  
TWDB Flood Infrastructure Fund Application/Resolution
Submitted By: Maria Medrano, Grants Department
Department: Grants Department  

Information
RECOMMENDATION
Adopt a resolution requesting financial assistance from the Texas Water Development Board under the Flood Infrastructure Fund for regional flood protection planning; authorizing the filing of an application for assistance; and making certain findings in connection therewith; and authorizing the execution of related forms to be submitted with the application.
BACKGROUND
Passed by the Legislature and approved by Texas voters through a constitutional amendment, the Flood Infrastructure Fund (FIF) Program through the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) provides financial assistance in the form of loans and grants for flood control, flood mitigation, and drainage projects.
DISCUSSION
On June 10, 2020, agenda item #4.A.6., the Commissioners Court authorized the submission of an abridged application to the TWDB FIF program.  Nueces County submitted a proposal for approximately $2.25 million for flood protection planning and a regional drainage master plan in order to adequately evaluate the Baffin Bay and South Corpus Christi Watersheds. The project scored #32 out of 285 projects and the County has been invited to submit a full application, due October 19, 2020.
 
TWDB will provide up to 75% grant funding ($1,687,500) with the remaining 25% match to be met through cash and in-kind services provided by Nueces, Jim Wells, and Kleberg Counties.

Budget Information
Information about available funds
Budgeted: Funds Available: Adjustment: Amount Available:
Unbudgeted: Funds NOT Available: Amendment:
Account Code(s) for Available Funds
1:
Fund Transfers
Attachments
Resolution
Resolution Certificate
Affidavit Cat 1
Application Affidavit


    

Level double AA conformance,
                W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0

AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.