INSTRUCTIONS TO SPEAKERS
Members of the public have the right to speak during any posted Public Hearing. However, those items not listed as a Public Hearing are for consideration and action by the Budget and Finance Commission during the course of their business meeting. Members of the public may be allowed to speak on these topics at the discretion of the Chair.
In accordance with Amendment #2 of the Mayoral Proclamation of Emergency issued on March 27, 2020, the following restrictions have been placed on all public meetings until further notice:
1. In-person attendance by members of the public is prohibited.
2. Members of the public can either watch the public meeting online https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/town/departments/town-clerk/meetings-and-agendas
or, if they would like to participate in the meeting (e.g. speak at Call to Audience or speak on a Regular Agenda item), they can attend the meeting and participate via the on-line meeting application, Zoom, https://orovalley.zoom.us/s/98251157220
, or may participate telephonically only by dialing 1-253-215-8782 prior to or during the posted meeting.
3. If a member of the public would like to speak at either Call to Audience or on a Regular Agenda item, it is highly encouraged to email your request to speak to email@example.com and include your name and town/city of residence in order to provide the Chairman with advance notice so you can be called upon more efficiently during the Zoom meeting.
4. All members of the public who participate in the Zoom meeting either with video or telephonically will enter the meeting with microphones muted. For those participating via computer/tablet/phone device, you may choose whether to turn your video on or not. If you have not provided your name to speak prior to the meeting as specified in #3 above, you will have the opportunity to be recognized when you “raise your hand.” Those participating via computer/tablet/phone device can click the “raise your hand” button during the Call to the Public or Regular Agenda item, and the Chair will call on you in order, following those who submit their names in advance. For those participating by phone, you can press *9, which will show the Chair that your hand is raised. When you are recognized at the meeting by the Chair, your microphone will be unmuted by a member of staff and you will have three minutes to speak before your microphone is again muted.
5. If a member of the public would like to submit written comments to the Budget and Finance Commission for their consideration prior to the meeting, please email those comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than sixty minutes before the public meeting
. Those comments will then be electronically distributed to the public body prior to the meeting.
If you have questions, please contact Danielle Tanner, at 520-229-5019 or email at email@example.com