| CALL TO AUDIENCE - at this time, any member of the public is allowed to address the Board on any issue not listed on today’s agenda. Pursuant to the Arizona open meeting law, individual Board members may ask Town staff to review the matter, ask that the matter be placed on a future agenda, or respond to criticism made by speakers. However, the Board may not discuss or take legal action on matters raised during, "Call to Audience." In order to speak during, "Call to Audience," please specify what you wish to discuss when completing the blue speaker card.
|POSTED: 03/02/21 at 5:00 p.m. by pp
When possible, a packet of agenda materials as listed above is available for public inspection at least 24 hours prior to the Board meeting in the Town Clerk's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Town of Oro Valley complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If any person with a disability needs any type of accommodation, please notify the Town Clerk’s Office at least five days prior to the Board meeting at 229-4700.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SPEAKERS
Members of the public have the right to speak during any posted public hearing. However, those items not listed as a public hearing are for consideration and action by the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS) Local Board during the course of their business meeting. Members of the public may be allowed to speak on these topics at the discretion of the Chair.
In accordance with Amendment #2 of the Mayoral Proclamation of Emergency issued on March 27, 2020, the following restrictions have been placed on all public meetings until further notice:
1. In-person attendance by members of the public is prohibited.
2. Members of the public can either watch or participate (e.g. speak at Call to Audience or speak on a Regular Agenda item), in the public meeting online via the on-line meeting application:
Zoom https://orovalley.zoom.us/j/97666229722?pwd=eC9ndWNwem1NdGpvMHUvWGU2WXlrdz09, or may participate telephonically only by dialing 1-669-900-6833 then enter Meeting ID: 976 6622 9722, then enter Passcode: 634226 prior to or during the posted meeting.
3. If a member of the public would like to speak at either Call to Audience or on a Regular Agenda item, it is highly encouraged to email your request to speak to the Local Board Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and town/city of residence in order to provide the Chair with advance notice, so you can be called upon more efficiently during the Zoom meeting.
4. All members of the public who participate in the Zoom meeting either with video or telephonically will enter the meeting with microphones muted. For those participating via computer/tablet/phone device, you may choose whether to turn your video on or not. If you have not provided your name to speak prior to the meeting as specified in #3 above, you will have the opportunity to be recognized when you “raise your hand.” Those participating via computer/tablet/phone device can click the “raise your hand” button during the Call to the Audience or Regular Agenda item, and the Chair will call on you in order, following those who submit their names in advance. For those participating by phone, you can press *9, which will show the Chair that your hand is raised. When you are recognized at the meeting by the Chair, your microphone will be unmuted by a member of staff, and you will have three minutes to speak before your microphone is again muted.
5. If a member of the public would like to submit written comments to the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System Local Board for their consideration prior to the meeting, please email those comments to the Local Board Secretary at email@example.com no later than sixty minutes before the public meeting. Those comments will then be electronically distributed to the public body prior to the meeting.
Thank you for your cooperation.