|POSTED: 10/22/2020 at 5:00 p.m. by pp
When possible, a packet of agenda materials as listed above is available for public inspection at least 24 hours prior to the Commission meeting in the Town Clerk's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Town of Oro Valley complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If any person with a disability needs any type of accommodation, please notify the Town Clerk’s Office at least five days prior to the Commission meeting at 229-4700.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SPEAKERS
Members of the public have the right to speak during any posted Public Hearing. However, those items not listed as a Public Hearing are for consideration and action by the Historic Preservation Commission during the course of their business meeting. Members of the public may be allowed to speak on these topics at the discretion of the Chair.
“Notice of Possible Quorum of the Oro Valley Town Council, Boards, Commissions and Committees: In accordance with Chapter 3, Title 38, Arizona Revised Statutes and Section 2-4-4 of the Oro Valley Town Code, a majority of the Town Council, Board of Adjustment, Historic Preservation Commission, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, Stormwater Utility Commission, and Water Utility Commission may attend the above referenced meeting as a member of the audience only.”
In accordance with Amendment #2 of the Mayoral Proclamation of Emergency issued on March 27, 2020, the following restrictions have been placed on all public meetings until further notice:
1. In-person attendance by members of the public is prohibited.
2. Members of the public can either watch the public meeting online
https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/town/departments/town-clerk/meetings-and-agendas or, if they would like to participate in the meeting (e.g. speak at Call to Audience or speak on a Regular Agenda item), they can attend the meeting and participate via the on-line meeting application or may participate telephonically using the following:
3. If a member of the public would like to speak at either Call to Audience or on a Regular Agenda item, it is highly encouraged to email your request to speak to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and town/city of residence in order to provide the Chair with advance notice so you can be called upon more efficiently during the Zoom meeting.
4. All members of the public who participate in the Zoom meeting either with video or telephonically will enter the meeting with microphones muted. For those participating via computer/tablet/phone device, you may choose whether to turn your video on or not. If you have not provided your name to speak prior to the meeting as specified in #3 above, you will have the opportunity to be recognized when you “raise your hand.” Those participating via computer/tablet/phone device can click the “raise your hand” button during the Call to the Public or Regular Agenda item, and the Chair will call on you in order, following those who submit their names in advance. For those participating by phone, you can press *9, which will show the Chair that your hand is raised. When you are recognized at the meeting by the Chair, your microphone will be unmuted by a member of staff and you will have three minutes to speak before your microphone is again muted.
5. If a member of the public would like to submit written comments to the Historic Preservation Commission for their consideration prior to the meeting, please email those comments to email@example.com no later than sixty minutes before the public meeting. Those comments will then be electronically distributed to the public body prior to the meeting.
- For the record, please state your name and whether or not you are a Town resident.
- Speak only on the issue currently being discussed by Commission. Please organize your speech, you will only be allowed to address the Commission once regarding the topic being discussed.
- Please limit your comments to 3 minutes.
- During “Call to Audience” you may address the Commission on any issue you wish.
Any member of the public speaking must speak in a courteous and respectful manner to those present.
If you have questions, please contact Facility Manager, Brandon Laue, at 520-229-5032 or email at
Thank you for your cooperation.