Town Council Regular Session
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Item # 1.
Mike Standish, Town Clerk's Office
Town Clerk's Office
PUBLIC HEARING: DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING ORDINANCE NO. (O)18-13, AMENDING TOWN CODE SECTIONS 8-2-1 AND 8-2-6 REGARDING MOBILE FOOD UNITS
Staff recommends approval.
The purpose of this code amendment is to bring the Town Code into compliance with the recently amended Arizona Revised Statutes regarding Mobile Food Unit regulations. The proposed amendments include changes to the definition of a Mobile Food Unit and changes to the licensing requirements for Mobile Food Units.
BACKGROUND OR DETAILED INFORMATION:
The purpose of this code amendment is to address the following:
1. Comply with Arizona State Law - HB2371 recently amended Arizona Revised Statutes regarding Mobile Food Unit operations. These state law changes rendered associated sections of the Town Code non-compliant with state law.
2. Align Definitions between Town Code and State Law - The Town Code currently refers to a "Mobile Food Vendor" instead of a "Mobile Food Unit."
3. Allow Mobile Food Unit inspections to be completed by any city or town fire department in the state of Arizona - Currently, Mobile Food Units need to be inspected by Golder Ranch Fire District. HB2371 allows a Mobile Food Unit to be inspected by any city or town fire department in the state of Arizona.
4. Reduce the frequency of Mobile Food Unit inspections - Currently, Mobile Food Units are required to be inspected every six (6) months. HB2371 now requires Mobile Food Units to be inspected every twelve (12) months.
5. Allow Mobile Food Units to obtain a health permit from any county health department in the state of Arizona - Currently, Mobile Food Units are required to obtain and submit proof of a valid Pima County health permit. This amendment would allow Mobile Food Units to submit proof of a valid health permit from any county health department in the state of Arizona.
These proposed changes will bring the Oro Valley Town Code into compliance with state law.
There are no changes to existing business licensing fees.
I MOVE to (adopt/deny) Ordinance No. (O)18-13, amending Town Code Sections 8-2-1 and 8-2-6 regarding Mobile Food Units.
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2020 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.