City Council Regular Meeting
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Res. 20-1389, County IGA for Election Services
Alma Andrade, Administration
DISCUSSION/DECISION on approval of RESOLUTION NO. 20-1389, a Resolution of the Mayor and Council of the City of Douglas, Cochise County, Arizona, authorizing THE EXECUTION OF THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT between the City of Douglas and Cochise County to PROVIDE CERTAIN ELECTION SUPPLIES AND SERVICES for the City's Primary and General Elections scheduled for March 10, 2020, and May 19, 2020, respectively.
The City of Douglas seeks to enter into an intergovernmental agreement with Cochise County in which the County agrees to provide to the City certain election supplies and services for the upcoming election March 10, 2020, and if necessary, for a General Election May 19, 2020.
The Intergovernmental Agreement is required in order to secure election services from Cochise County, such as:
A. Provide ballots, including when appropriate, addition of candidate names.
B. Administrative services to include the following:
1. Conduct logic and accuracy tests of programs and equipment.
2. Provide abstract of results of tabulation to include total ballots cast within the jurisdiction; total votes for each candidate, question or proposition.
3. Provide an early board to prepare ballots for tabulation and a count check.
4. Validate, process and count ballots.
5. Provide one trained person to staff and operate the drop off and replacement center (the City will provide a second person) and a secure box for dropped off ballots.
6. Provide affidavits for the drop off and replacement center, as required by A.R.S. 16-558.02.
7. Provide all signage and supplies required to operate the drop off and replacement center.
8. Provide for storage and destruction of ballots, affidavits, and election related materials in compliance with the State of Arizona Retention Schedule guidelines.
"...that the Mayor and Council approve Resolution No. 20-1389."
Res. 20-1389 County Elections IGA
County Elections Agreement
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2020 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.