City Council Regular Meeting


Print

Return to the Search Page Return to the Agenda
  14.       
Meeting Date: 01/08/2020  
Submitted By: Luis Pedroza, Management Services Director
Focus Area: Collaboration

SUBJECT:
DISCUSSION/DECISION on approval of RESOLUTION No. 19-1383, a Resolution of the Mayor and Council of the City of Douglas, Cochise County, Arizona, authorizing the execution of A NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE AGREEMENT between the City of Douglas and Helping Ourselves Pursue Enrichment, Inc., (H.O.P.E. INC.) for Licensee to use a portion of the improved City-Owned facility at 661 ‘G’ Avenue in the City of Douglas.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:
The license agreement is being transferred from existing tenant Wellness Connections to Helping Ourselves Pursue Enrichment, Inc dba HOPE Inc. since these two organizations are merging operations.
 
BACKGROUND:
HOPE Inc. is merging with Wellness Connections and they wish to continue the license agreement currently in place at 661 N. G Avenue and continue to provide behavioral health services in Douglas.  The license agreement is the same as the one with Wellness Connections except:
 
  • Adding integration language to allow the merger to go through and no obligation to HOPE if it doesn’t go through
  • Continuing the operation of the senior workout room and making it available to City of Douglas senior citizens and making sure that HOPE is in charge of the maintenance of the workout room.  Added language that in case the City decides to move the senior workout room, HOPE would then be responsible to pay all utilities for the building.
  • City absorbs any cost on the repairs or improvement of the smoke alarm system and removing the obligation from HOPE
  • Adding language to reflect 55% of utilities is the responsibility of HOPE (except gas and City water/sewer/sanitation).  The other 45% is being paid by our other tenant Workforce
 
Rent remains at the same amount at $2,000 per month.
 
DISCUSSION:
HOPE Inc. would like to begin operations on 12/20/19 and is pending permits from Arizona Department of Health Services.  If license is approved and permits granted, the lease becomes effective at this time.

"...that the Mayor and Council approve Resolution No.  19-1383."
 

Fiscal Impact
Fiscal Year: 2019/2020
Amount Requested: N/A
Budgeted Y/N: Y
Account (s): 001-30000-362.0100
FISCAL IMPACT:
No change from budgeted amount of $24,000 per year.
 
Attachments
HOPE License Agreement
HOPE Agreement
Res. 19-1383 Hope


    

Level double AA conformance,
                W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0

AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2020 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.