City Commission Regular Meeting
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Agenda Item # 12.d.
Conditional Use - Zietz Dwelling Rental - 462 Granada Street, Unit B
Quasi- Judicial Hearing - Conditional Use - Zietz Dwelling Rental - 462 Granada Street, Unit B
The applicant is requesting the review and approval of a Conditional Use to operate a Dwelling Rental at 462 Granada Street, Unit B, to offer lodging of less than six (6) months and a minimum of one (1) month to guests. The subject property consists of an apartment duplex. The apartment duplex structure contains two apartments each with (2) bedrooms, one (1) bathroom and traditional support rooms. The apartment duplex has designated two- car paved parking per unit. The property owner, Mr. Zietz; purchased the subject property in disrepair and has rehabilitated it into a welcomed addition to South Beach of Fort Pierce. The property is zoned Hutchinson Island Medium Density Residential Zone (R4-A).
The proposed use presents the provision of limited transient lodging accommodations to the general public, representing a limited commercial use that is compatible with the surrounding neighborhood of this location, and is generally consistent with the City’s Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan with appropriate restriction therefore; Staff recommends the City Commission approve the request with the following conditions:
1) The maximum occupancy ensures compliance with City Code Section 8.5-43. - Required space in dwelling units, based upon the size of each unit;
2) Registration of the property manager accessible at all times, to resolve complaints or violations of City Code;
3) Issuance of guide booklets (available from Code Enforcement) for renters regarding local rules and public service resources to minimize conflicts; and
4) The applicant files for and obtains St. Lucie County & City of Fort Pierce Business Tax Licenses within thirty (30) days of Conditional Use approval.
5) Limit no more than 2 vehicles
Approval with alternative conditions.
Vennis Gilmore, Planning Analyst
Technical Review Committee
Public Notice Certification
Proof of Publication
08/02/2018 08:03 AM
Form Started By:
08/01/2018 12:07 PM
Final Approval Date:
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2020 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.