City Commission Regular Meeting - 4:30 pm
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Agenda Item # 12.b.
Conditional Use approval with no new construction - Danaluk Dwelling Rental
Quasi-Judicial Hearing - Application for Conditional Use with No New Construction submitted by property owner, Nick Danaluk, and applicant, Michelle Longarzo, for Conditional Use to operate a Dwelling Rental, offering lodging for less than six (6) months with a minimum rental period identified as two (2) days. The property is located at 715 South Ocean Drive, Unit L, and is zoned Hutchinson Island Medium Density Residential (R-4A). Parcel ID: 2401-504-0012-000-1.
In accordance with Sections 125-187 and 125-236 of the City Code, the applicant is requesting review and approval of a Conditional Use to operate a Dwelling Rental located at 715 South Ocean Drive Unit L. The subject unit is a two (2)-bedroom and two (2)-bathroom condominium with approximately 865 gross square feet. The proposed Conditional Use will offer lodging of less than six (6) months with a minimum stay of 2 days to guests.
The proposed use presents the provision for short-term lodging accommodations to the general public, representing a limited commercial use that is compatible with the surrounding neighborhood, and is generally consistent with the City’s Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan with appropriate restrictions. Therefore, staff recommends APPROVAL with the following six (6) conditions:
1) The property manager for the dwelling rental shall be available at all times to resolve complaints or violations of city code. Said manager shall reside in St. Lucie County and shall be registered with the City of Fort Pierce.
2) Guide booklets (available from Code Enforcement) shall be provided to renters regarding local rules and public service resources, to minimize conflicts.
3) The applicant shall file for and obtain St. Lucie County and City of Fort Pierce Business Tax Licenses within thirty (30) days of issuance of a license from the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation.
4) There shall be a limitation of no more than no two (2) vehicles per unit.
5) The City of Fort Pierce Business Tax License number shall be included on all advertising.
6) Third-Party Liability Insurance shall be provided.
Approval with changes to the Conditions of Approval
Jennifer Hofmeister, AICP, LCAM, Planning Director
Technical Review Committee
Staff Report & Supporting Documents
Applicant Packet & Supporting Documents
Public Notice Certification
10/07/2020 06:10 PM
10/08/2020 01:25 PM
Form Started By:
10/06/2020 09:19 PM
Final Approval Date:
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.