City Commission Regular Meeting - 4:30 pm
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Agenda Item # 12.a.
Conditional Use - Barsotti Dwelling Rental - 1040 Windward Drive, Unit 3402
Quasi-Judicial Hearing - Review and approval of an application for Conditional Use with no new construction submitted by property owner and applicant, Nancy Barsotti, for a Conditional Use to operate a Dwelling Rental, offering lodging for less than six (6) months with a minimum rental period identified as 31 days. The property is located at 1040 Windward Drive, #3402 and is zoned Hutchinson Island Medium Density Residential (R-4A). Parcel ID: 2507-888-0068-000-4.
The applicant is requesting review and approval of a Conditional Use to operate a Dwelling Rental located at 1040 Windward Drive, Unit 3402. The subject condo unit is approximately 1,659 gross square feet with two (2) bedrooms and two (2) bathrooms. The condo unit is within Ocean House Condominiums which is located within the Ocean Village Community.
The property is located near the northeast corner of South Ocean Drive and Blue Heron Boulevard, south of Coconut Drive. The site is surrounded by single family residences to the north, vacant property to the south and west, and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. The property is zoned Hutchinson Island Medium Density Residential Zone (R-4A).
The proposed use presents the provision for short-term lodging accommodations to the general public, representing a limited commercial use that is compatible with the surrounding neighborhood, and is generally consistent with the City’s Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan with appropriate restrictions. Therefore, Staff recommends
with the following six (6) conditions:
1) The property manager for the dwelling rental shall be available at all times to resolve complaints or violations of city code. Said manager shall reside in St. Lucie County and shall be registered with the City of Fort Pierce.
2) Guide booklets (available from Code Enforcement) shall be provided to renters regarding local rules and public service resources, to minimize conflicts.
3) The applicant shall file for and obtain St. Lucie County and City of Fort Pierce Business Tax Licenses within thirty (30) days of issuance of a license from the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation.
4) There shall be a limitation of no more than no two (2) vehicles per unit.
5) The City of Fort Pierce Business Tax License number shall be included on all advertising.
6) Third-Party Liability Insurance shall be provided.
Approval with alternate conditions
Vennis Gilmore, Planner
Technical Review Committee
Potential Increase in Ad Valorem Taxes
Staff Report & Supporting Documents
Application Packet & Supporting Documents
Affidavit of Mailing & Public Notice Certification
10/07/2020 06:10 PM
Form Started By:
10/06/2020 06:31 PM
Final Approval Date:
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.