|Planned Development-134 (PD-134) was created in September 2007 as a townhome development intended for adults ages 55 and up. No portion of the Planned Development has been developed at this time.The proposed changes are contained in the list of deviations provided below.
As shown on the Vicinity Map, the property in question is located to the north of East Belt Line Road and west of Polk Street.
The property in question is currently zoned Planned Development-134 (PD-134), and has a base zoning of Single Family Attached (SFA) (refer to the Zoning Map). To the north is Single Family-8 (SF-8) zoning, with Single Family-10 (SF-10) zoning located to the east and west. To the south, across Belt Line Road, is Single Family-10 (SF-10) zoning, the Planned Development (PD-176) for the DeSoto Police Station and a residential Planned Development-24 (PD-24).
As shown on the Aerial Photo, the property in question contains a structure with the remainder being vacant land. To the north are single family homes, and to the west is a single family home on a large lot. To the east is a large vacant lot, and to the south, across Belt Line Road, is the DeSoto Police Station with single family homes located to the east.
The Site Plan consists of 59 lots and provides two points of access from Belt Line Road. The development contains 16 structures that will contain 3-5 units per structure. This development is gated, so the streets within the development will be private.
The deviations requested are as follows:
- Exit pass-through garage doors not be required.
- Increase the number of lots from 42 to 58.
- Decrease the maximum building height from 3 stories to 2 stories.
- Increase the minimum lot size from 2,100 square feet to 3,000 square feet.
- Increase the width of the larger lots from 40 feet to 60 feet.
- Increase the minimum lot depth from 60 feet to 100 feet, except for Lot 16 of Block A, which shall be 99.70 feet in depth.
- Increase the front setback from 22 feet to 35 feet.
- Increase the rear setback from 3 feet to 10 feet.
- Decrease the separation between buildings from 20 feet minimum to 15 feet minimum.
- Decrease the minimum unit size from 1,250 square feet to 1,000 square feet.
- Change the parking required from 2 per unit to 1 space for homes having 30 feet in width and 2 spaces for homes being 60 feet in width.
- No elevators shall be required.
- Kitchen drawers and pantries not be required to have multiple pullouts.
- Kitchen not required to have cooktop and wall mounted pot filler faucet.
- Kitchen not required to be equipped with ADA-ready cooktop front doors and sink front doors.
- Bathrooms shall not be required to have ADA-ready vanities, cabinetry, sink front and showers.
- Pass-thru design technology shall not be required in the second floor master bath and master closet, but only in the laundry room.
- Tank less water heater shall not be required.
- Change the required 8-foot masonry wall to have the bottom 4 feet being masonry and the top 4 feet being tubular steel.
|PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION REPORT
RECOMMENDATION FOR APPROVAL: AYES: 5 NAYS: 2
RECOMMENDATION: The Planning and Zoning Commission considered this request in its February 11, 2020, meeting and recommended the motion to: Approve Zoning Case Z-1406-19; an amendment to Ambrose Hills Planned Development-134 (PD-134) requesting several deviations to requirements, with the following stipulation.
- The following wording be added to the PD amendment, "Nothing in this Ordinance shall exclude the developer from satisfying Federal, State and Local ADA requirements".
Staff recommends approval of the amendment to Planned Development-134 (PD-134).