|Receive, consider and act upon the 2020 Budget;
|Yearly budget planning begins in May for Visit the Woodlands. After the initial stages of budget planning. The budget is presented to the Township Board in August.
This year, the Township deadlines are as follows:
Board of Directors can direct any and all new initiatives, projects or programs to be considered in the 2020 Budget Process to Nick Wolda, Visit The Woodlands President.
- Staffing five-year plan – Friday, May 10, 2019
- Any new position requested for 2020 (whether it was in the 2019 plan or is a brand-new request) must have the New Staffing Request Form
- Capital five-year plan and project forms – Friday, May 17, 2019
- Any project requested in 2020 must have an individual project form fully completed that identifies the project funding as coming from the Capital Reserve, the General Fund, or a combination of funding sources.
- Operating budgets and Departmental Summaries – Friday, May 24, 2019
- The 2019 Budget Analysis sheet provides 2018 Actuals, 2019 Budget, 2019 Forecast, and 2020 Budget amounts for review. This sheet is ultimately what makes the final budget book during the Board budget review.
- The Departmental Summary serves to track a few measures per department that provide a basic understanding of each department.
Budget allocations in all departments are reviewed annually and are subject to reallocation, program changes and potential not funding prior projects based on adopted mission and strategic goals of Visit The Woodlands.
A proposed budget will be presented to the Visit The Woodlands Board at the May 15, 2019 meeting. After the Visit The Woodlands Board approves the 2020 Budget, it will be presented to The Woodlands Township Board of Directors for final approval.
|To be determined by Board of Directors.