|In July of 2013, the Board of Directors adopted the Special Event Policy and Procedures which stipulates Board approval is required for special event permits for certain types of events that may have an impact to the community and surrounding neighborhoods.
A Special Event Permit Application has been received from Interfaith of The Woodlands for Le Tour de Woodlands (Attachment A) which includes the following information:
• Proposed Date: October 17, 2015
• Description: Non competitive cycling event to raise funds for Interfaith of The Woodlands (Long Course: 15 Mile or 30 Mile Options; Short Course: 2.5 Mile or 5 Mile Options)
• Location: The Woodlands Township Town Hall and various county roads in Precinct 3
• Number of Years: 4th year
• Area Impacted: Lake Woodlands Drive from Northshore Park to Sterling Ridge Drive, Branch Crossing Drive to Alden Bridge Drive, Bay Branch Drive to Cochran’s Crossing Drive
• Time: 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
• Anticipated Attendance: 550
• Traffic Control Plan: Tentatively approved by Montgomery County Precinct 3, pending final review of traffic control plan
Please see Attachment B with includes events that are classified as Special Events per the Special Event Policy & Procedures for the months of September – November 2015, some of which do not require Board approval per the Policy.