Board of Directors Regular Meeting Agenda
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Receive, consider and act upon a draft Request for Proposals for the development of a pedestrian and bicycle master plan for The Woodlands Township;
The 2015 Township Budget has $100,000 allocated for professional services to develop a pedestrian and bicycle master plan. The costs to implement any recommendations of the plan or future development of new pedestrian or bicycle facilities or improvements would be identified in the master plan.
;The Board of Directors allocated funding in the 2015 Budget for the development of a pedestrian and bicycle master plan. This was an outcome of the 2015 budgeting process during which the Board received resident input/requests for pathway connectors to complete “gaps” in the pathway system, requests to develop trails in the George Mitchell Nature Preserve, and requests to develop bike lanes in the community.
A Request for Proposals (RFP) for professional services to prepare the master plan has been drafted with input from the Bicycle Advisory Task Force and review by the Ad Hoc Transportation Committee – Attachment A.
The RFP identifies six goals for the master plan:
1. The ultimate goal of the master plan is to guide the development of a comprehensive system of off-road and on-road pathways, bike lanes, trails and other facilities that will safely connect users to key destinations throughout the Township, provide connections to all adjacent communities, provide opportunities for a wide variety of recreational activities and encourage safe alternative modes of transportation.
2. The Woodlands Township shall have a comprehensive pedestrian-bicycle master plan to guide the planning and development of a network of pathways, hike and bike trails, multi-use pathways, bike lanes and other facilities that encompasses and interconnects the entire Township at total build-out.
3. The Woodlands Township shall have a pedestrian-bicycle master plan that is coordinated with the plans of Montgomery County, Harris County, the Houston Galveston Area Council (H-GAC), The Woodlands Development Company and adjacent communities.
4. The Township’s pedestrian-bicycle master plan shall have design standards that meets or exceeds current AASHTO and NACTO guidelines and Montgomery County, Harris County and TxDOT standards.
5. The Woodlands has Commercial Standards that require that all new developments and reconstruction projects comply with the adopted master plan and the established standards therein, and the pedestrian-bicycle master plan will meet these standards.
6. The Township’s pedestrian-bicycle master plan shall identify existing and proposed infrastructure, open space and linear park corridors and utility and drainage easements, as appropriate, that can be integrated with the pedestrian-bicycle system.
The Scope of Work requires public meetings, information-gathering sessions, and presentations to the Ad Hoc Transportation Committee and to the Township Board of Directors.
The proposed timeline reflects a release date of May 28 after the Board of Directors approval, and a June 26th due date.
The Ad Hoc Transportation Committee reviewed the draft RFP and recommends to the Board of Directors to proceed with the release the RFP for the solicitation of proposals.
Approve the Request for Proposals for the development of a pedestrian and bicycle master plan and release the RFP for the solicitation of proposals.
Attachment A - Draft RFP for Professional Services for a Pedestrian Bicycle Master Plan
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2020 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.