Board of Directors Regular Meeting Agenda
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Receive and consider a briefing on the process for Board and committee appointments at the December Board meeting;
As is customary following the election of officers for The Woodlands Township’s Board of Directors, the Chairman of the Board will propose committee assignments for Board approval for those committees to which the Board appoints members. The Chairman will also announce committee assignments for those committees to which the Chairman appoints members. The proposed appointments will be distributed by the Chairman prior to the December 12, 2013, Board of Director’s Meeting.
Now that Board elections are held in November, committee appointments are made in December of each year. The Board primarily functions as a “committee of the whole” with limited use of Board Committees. Board Committees consist of no more than three Directors and meet only as needed.
Committee, Board and Other Appointments scheduled for December are:
Township Board Committees
• Ad Hoc Transportation Committee (three Directors)
• Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee (three Directors)
• Audit Committee (three Directors)
• Investment Committee (Board Secretary, Board Treasurer and Township President)
• Convention and Visitors Bureau (three Directors)
Staff Advisory Council
• Parks and Recreation Advisory Council (one Director)
• Law Enforcement Advisory Council (one Director)
In addition, appointments will be made to the Development Standards Committee and the Booking and Blocking Committee. These two committees are appointed by the Board, but Township Directors do not serve on these committees.
For information only.
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2020 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.