|On October 23, 2013, the Board approved a renovation for Fire Station 2, for an estimated cost of $1,750,916, which included the renovation recommendation at $1,648,916, plus the replacement of the entire roof membrane at $30,000, the replacement of one of the existing AC units at $12,000, and the replacement of the emergency generator at $60,000. It was anticipated there would be a cost-sharing partnership with MCHD.
The Township and MCHD representatives reached a tentative agreement regarding the Fire Station #2 Renovation Project; Second Amendment to Extend and Modify Housing Agreement (Attachment A). Also attached for your reference, is the original Housing Agreement and the First Amendment to Extend Housing Agreement (Attachment B).
Terms agreed upon include:
1. The Housing Agreement is renewed and will remain in effect for 60 months. MCHD will pay the Township a rental fee of a fixed monthly amount equal to $1,000.00 for each 24 hour staffed medic unit used and $500.00 for each 12 hour (peak truck) staffed medic unit used.
2. MCHD’s contribution amount will equal fifty percent of the total costs required by the Township for construction, furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E), architectural fees, civil engineering fees, and other related costs for the capital improvements, presently estimated to be $1,750,916. This results in a contribution amount up to $875,458. Should the award of bid be higher than the estimated amount, MCHD agrees to negotiate in good faith toward a mutual acceptable cost sharing in excess of the estimated amount. MCHD will pay four equal cash installments of $218,864, over a three year period. The contribution will be subject to a downward adjustment based on the final Board-approved award of bid for the “Construction Manager at Risk” contract.
3. Should the project encounter unforeseen costs not covered under the terms of the “Construction Manager at Risk” contract, both parties will equally share any additional costs incurred.
4. Any project change orders incurred during construction will be solely the responsibility of the requesting party.
5. Should the Township decide to terminate the agreement, the Township shall remit to MCHD a pro rata share of the contribution amount amortized over a 20 year period.