- The City of Fort Pierce Commission, on November 4th, 2013, adopted Ordinance L-295 to create a Use Table to relocates all of the “permitted” and “conditional” uses for each zoning district into one combined table.
- The Use Table created by Ordinance L-295 through scrivener’s error omitted the proper use classification of Dwelling Rentals within certain zoning districts; E-2, E-3, R-3, R-4, R-4A, & R-5.
- Ordinance L-295 presented Dwelling Rentals as a prohibited use within these noted zoning districts; E-2, E-3, R-3, R-4, R-4A, & R-5, as opposed to the intended identification with a “C”, as eligible Conditional uses within said districts, as previously established within the City’s land development regulations.
- The origin or cause for the Scrivener’s error is unknown; however staff has affirmed the Scrivener’s error as unintended.
- It is appropriate to amend Ordinance No. L-295 via Ordinance 16-018 by setting forward a corrected distribution of P / C / - classification for the use category of Dwelling Rentals, identifying the use as a Conditional Use within the E-2, E-3, R-3, R-4, R-4A, & R-5 zoning districts.
- Ordinance 16-018 will correct the Scrivener’s error the classification of Dwelling Rentals in the E-2, E-3, R-3, R-4, R-4A, and R-5 districts, assigning the accurate classification within the adopted use table.