Planned Development-127 (PD-127) was originally approved in December of 2006. Because the developer is wanting to develop this area differently than first approved, he has requested that this Planned Development be amended.
The property in question is located approximately 1,300 feet south of Belt Line Road and 2,100 feet east of Polk Street as provided on the Vicinity Map.
As provided on the Zoning Exhibit, the property in question is zoned Planned Development-127 (PD-127), and has a base zoning of Single Family-12 (SF-12). To the north is Single Family-8 (SF-8) and Single Family-9 (SF-9) zoning. To the west is Single Family-12 (SF-12) zoning. To the south is Single Family-12 (SF-12) zoning as well as General Retail (GR). To the east is General Retail (GR) zoning as well.
As seen on the Aerial Photo, the property in question vacant. To the north are single family homes. To the west are single family homes and Woodridge Elementary School. To the south it is vacant with single family home along Parkerville Road. Just to the east it is vacant with some businesses located along Interstate-35 East (I-35E). Between Phase 1 and Phase 2 is future park land, which is currently held by the Texas Parks and Recreation Foundation, also known as DeSoto Ranch Park according to our Parks, Recreation Open-Space & Trails Master Plan. The park is currently not developed.
As shown on the attached Site Plan, the proposed development would consist of two phases. Phase 1 is located to the north of the creek, which runs through this property, and Phase 2 is located to the south of this creek. Phase 1 is shown with the darker shading. Phase 1 would consist of of 49 lots, with Phase 2 consisting of 92 lots. Phase 1 currently has two points of access, Crestwood Dr. from the north and Woodridge Dr. from the west. Phase 2 would have only one point of access, with two streets stubbing out to the south (Tealwood Drive and Westwind Drive) and consequently providing the possibility of another access from the south with future development. There will be a crossing built over the creek on Westwind Drive, when Phase 2 is developed.
The existing Site Plan for Planned Development-127 (PD-127) is also attached.
The applicant is requesting several amendment, which are as follows.
1. Change the base zoning from Single Family-12 (SF-12) to Single Family-8 (SF-8).
2. Allow 141 lots, rather than 114 lots.
3. Having an average lot size of 15,670 square feet, rather than 16,754 square feet.
4. Changing the minimum lot size from 12,036 square feet to 8,000 square feet.
5. Moving the Phase line one lot further to the south.
6. Changing the requirement that no exterior alleys be required, to requiring no alleys throughout.
7. The existing Planned Development requires that a tubular steel fence be placed along the rear of the lots that would adjoin the future park site. The proposed development as requested that requirement be removed.
8. Remove the requirement that the developer provide parallel spaces on Woodridge Drive adjoining the future park.
9. Change to total park dedication fee from $57,000 to $70,500, and making it clear that park fees are collected prior to the plat of Phase 1 being recorded and then again when Phase 2 is recorded.